Read 18 comments as:
Filter By
pay for laterals from boutique/T2 to T1s is discounted to a large extent and is 10-15% more than your last pay at the time of joining.
That's insane. So your first job alone decides whether you'll be rich or poor? I don't think that could possibly be the case. It doesn't make sense for the firms either.
No. Not less. But your experience will be discounted. You will start at A0
But would someone be starting at A0 say despite having worked for three-four years in smaller firms? I can understand discounting one year or so but total discounting doesn't sound right. Which firms do this?
So you are saying if someone has 6 years of experience at a T2 he will start from A0 at T1? Totally incorrect
No, some firms have this policy, but must will negotiate pay lower than usual. Like someone else said, someone with 4 5 years exp won't be starting as A1 fs
Started career at a small place with 12-15k/month. Moved to T-1 after 1 year work ex as an A0 with 80k/month, which could have been between 1-1.2L/month had I joined directly the T-1.
Can someone also give advice how to transition from chambers to law firms? Fed up of being underpaid
some chambers would have seniors who have prior work ex in law firms. any way you can connect with them if you know them and ask for a referral? alternatively, try getting in touch with recruiters.