Read 25 comments as:
Filter By
Looks to me that the Legally India team has become damn paranoid about moderation after Slapgate.

Most threads asking about the reality of pay structures and work culture are empty because the team conveniently marks everything as trollish refuses to publish anything negative anymore.

It’s the dumbest thing ever. Block out names if you want but you can’t mark everything as trollish and not post a majority of comments. The entire purpose of people asking questions here is defeated if you’re only selectively posting positive responses because you’re too afraid to post the negative responses.
We eventually need to move to reddit, just wish someone would take the initiative
Some moderation is good imo. Imagine a platform like Reddit, which by default allows all comments and there is an inability to edit posts (you can just delete as a mod), and someone starts naming someone else (maybe maliciously). Nothing will work and such fallout wouldnt be contained.
And this can backfire on the people proposing it too. So, pls think what you wish for. Just pulling down others doesn’t leave your hands clean. Malice cuts both ways.
Very very very valid point. Now that we know LI moderators are scared, and genuine queries are not answered. Let’s break this deadlock for genuine people. Let’s start getting in touch with HRs and the associates for pay structure feedback and the teams for team feedback. That way genuine people will get their answers.

Also I wonder why would teams mark a bad comment as trollish if the team is bad itself. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm socho socho.

This should help no? If you still feel that bad comments which are not from genuine people should be put out here, why? Chull hain? Or is LI being used as a tool to do harm to people who maybe otherwise you can’t? Socho socho!
Yes, because HRs will be super honest about the reality of pay structure and work culture in a firm? Hmmmmmmm TUM thoda socho socho. :)
Be a constructive lawyer - pls reach out to team if you don’t trust the HR. Jahan cha hain, wahan rah hain. Now if you only wanna go the LI thread way, ab kiya kar sakte hain. It’s the easiest though. ;)
It's rather clear to me that you missed reading the Memo.

Slapgate β€œNever Happened”.

The chatter around it is β€œMisplaced Outrage” and β€œFake News”.

Slapgate has been decreed null and void on LinkedIn by almost every partner at that firm (among other leading corporate lawyers and litigators) with a thumbs up or a ugogurl pride-comment - which makes their truth, β€œthe truth” which everyone, including you, must believe to be true.

Alright, troll?
@Moderator: I've got a question, posting it here because it is about a moderation practice. Let's say there has been a thread posted at 5 p.m. I write a comment on that thread at 5:30 p.m. Till 7 p.m., no new comment is visible, which probably means that the thread hasn't been moderated since then. At 7 p.m., the thread shows 3 new comments, none of mine. I can see two other comments have been marked trollish and not published. The size of another unpublished comment indicates that it is probably mine, but it hasn't been published nor marked trollish. My question is, how is that possible? Can the moderator while moderating a thread just skip across a comment without publishing it or marking it trollish? Had this been a thread full of comments, I would have thought that the moderator is simply publishing in phases. But this one only had these six comments. Trying to figure out the process.
Sometimes mods too can't decide whether to publish a particular comment or not, then they refer the comment to senior mod, who then moderate the comment.
Moderator, can we please get a sticky LI thread clearly stating the moderation rules and standards? Because of late, at least part of the moderation seems quite random and arbitrary. I am stating this as an objective reader, setting aside law school petty rivalry or political affiliation. If you don't want anyone to name others, then the same standard should apply throughout, for example. If universities can be named, but law firms are off limits, please mention that clearly. Basically, let the readers and posters know about the rules and be objective and clear about those. Kian used to do that once upon a time.
A 2-word comment posted 1 week ago was not published.
A 17-word comment posted 1 week ago was not published.
A 13-word comment posted 1 week ago was not published.
A 10-word comment posted 1 week ago was not published.
A 35-word comment posted 1 week ago was not published.
A 45-word comment posted 1 week ago was not published.
A 6-word comment posted 1 week ago was not published.
My concern is that too many left-wing students have infiltrated LI and the moderator is also left-leaning. We need political balance. At least one centrist and one conservative moderator should be there.
A 6-word comment posted 1 week ago was not published.
A 20-word comment posted 1 week ago was not published.