Read 13 comments as:
Filter By
Guys, does anyone know how many students did they pick up? And, do they look up specifically for international arbitration moots, tier-1 law firm internships, publications, organisational experience, etc?? Also, is their possibility of coming to other tier-1 NLUs?
They picked up only 1 student lmao....As far what I heard from my seniors, the person selected did not have moots, publications, or anything fancy as such on the CV....and only 1 tier-1 internship i.e., AZB. So, might be the higher CGPA in comparison to others being the sole criterion....!
There is hardly anyone in the batch who seriously wants a job now. People who did not get a job, did not have anything on their CV as well.
But, how come GAIL recruit from only NLS? And that too, the students left over from the previous placements drive? What about other NLUs; they did not even get the chance from the PSU at the first place. When CGPA becomes the sole criterion to take in, having many things on CV to show does not get factored in. I really hope they provide the opportunity to the students of other NLUs as well, asking for international moots, debates, and tier-1 internships.

RGNUL 25'
"Moots and debates" hold little value when it comes to the real practical world. Be assured no recruiter is going to rely on either for selecting applicants.
But almost everyone of us who got placed at previous recruitment drives had better achievements and grades to show in our plates. The last minute recruitment drive really did not make any sense to anyone of us in the batch, if their motive was to hire talented students at the first place.

Incoming Associate CAM 24'
True. He got lucky but he was still the best and most deserving person among the people who had applied for GAIL. A company hires when it needs new employees, we can't dictate the timing of a company's hiring.
We can't dictate the timings, but we can atleast provide opportunity to the students from other law colleges, including NLUs and other local law colleges. What NLS had 'special' that other law colleges students did not have, just apart from 'college brand'.
That's how recruitments work right? Why did ISRO go to IITs for direct recruitment and not to other Enginerring colleges? (https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.businesstoday.in/amp/latest/story/iitians-not-joining-isro-60-students-walked-out-of-recruitment-drive-after-seeing-pay-structure-s-somanath-401614-2023-10-11)

Why do big law firms go to top NLUs and not to other colleges? The recruiter decides it.
"Incoming Associate CAM 24"

Not a flex buddy, pipe down. They mass hired from JGLS, it is law equivalent of working at Burger Singh