Read 47 comments as:
Filter By
Note that the parameter is hygiene, not which hostel is the biggest or most modern. Because modern hostels can be dirty too.
NLSIU. I went 4 other NLUs. The hostels at NLS are far better than the ones in those 4 NLUs.
for cleaning service all you have to do is drop the room number in common WhatsApp group, even soap dispenser is filled on complaining on WhatsApp..
Cleanest -NLS, NALSAR, NUJS

Dirtiest - NLU Assam, Jabalpur, Tamil Nadu
I visited NUJS girls dorms and it was so so gross. Good college but we cant keep lying and justifying the inhumane conditions there.
I have been told that hostels in NLASAR are generally clean, the only exception in BH4, which is literally illegal at this stage.
You wouldn't believe it, but the room I've been assigned to has 2 cupboards, one of which has 3 used (yes, used!) condoms stashed on the right side of the last shelf! It's that bad.

On the 2nd floor, most of the rooms suffer from year-round leakage from the ceiling, which is sewage water from the washrooms on the 3rd floor.

The 1st floor is literally vandalized. The latches on nearly all of the doors have been broken, so students spend the first 2 days with doors that can't be locked!

Also there is the problem of constant dust pollution at BH4 because of the new stadium construction.
Itna Paisa dene ka baad bhi yeh halat..isse better JNU hai..100 rupees mei isse better hostels hai
BH7 mein shift karlo, yahan best hi best hai. Naye room sabkuch naya. Nahi toh 100 repay dekar amma se saaf karale bhai
NLU Mumbai is the stinkiest because the sewage pipe at the back side of the hostel always leaks, and the poop water stinks almost everyday all over the 3–4 floors of the hostel and sometimes in the mess as well. because of the unhygienic situation, there are huge mosquitoes in the hostel rooms and the water provided to the students on every floor is horrible. Every week, 5–6 students feel sick because of the water quality.
MNLU mumbai got the worst one for sure, weve got rats, snakes and various other animals living with us. At this point you can say we consider them pets and have learnt to live with them as the admin wont do anything :p
This is funny. NLU kids fight on LI to say that their law school has the best placements and the best faculty. Now they fight and say “My law school is dirtier than yours”.
Tamil Nadu NLU has dirty hostels. I went for a moot back in 2017. While Tamil Nadu as a state is far more clearer than my native place Uttar Pradesh. RMLNLU Lucknow is far more cleaner than TNNLU.

South India is cleaner. But the cleanliness culture is not there in Tamil Nadu NLU or even the NIT there in Tiruchirappalli.
I studied at NLUD. Have been to NLUJ and NLS. I would say NLUD > NLS = NLUJ. NLUD was slightly cleaner, and hostels had air conditioning.
Nlu with good infrastructure but poor maintenance which in resultantly have the shoddiest infrastructure, mess, hostels, classrooms, gym etc etc is GNLU
Du clc hostels are the cleanest followed by lc1 and lc2. No nlu comes even close
A 6-word comment posted 1 month ago was not published.
A 5-word comment posted 1 month ago was not published.
A 6-word comment posted 1 month ago was not published.
A 7-word comment posted 4 weeks ago was not published.
A 5-word comment posted 4 weeks ago was not published.