Read 172 comments as:
Filter By
I just read an LI comment on another thread that a โ–ฎโ–ฎโ–ฎ partner slapped an associate. The firm has hushed the entire incident.

If it is really true, why are the associates not speaking about it?
โ–ฎโ–ฎโ–ฎ โ–ฎโ–ฎโ–ฎ now โ–ฎโ–ฎโ–ฎ left because of his bullying in Delhi he is doing the same to drive โ–ฎโ–ฎโ–ฎaway team knows the truth whenever good senior people join โ–ฎโ–ฎโ–ฎ gets nasty what passes as funny is very mean
There needs to be more word around for this. If true, please shed any information because people need to steer clear of places like these while planning internships.
Happened in โ–ฎโ–ฎโ–ฎ. Goes on to speak volumes about the culture of this firm
Wtf, man. No one deserves this, no matter how much they pay. This is straight off inhumane and embarrassing.

My Dad didn't hit me post 9th grade. I swear if someone touches me it would be his last day. In fact, my parents would be livid if I don't retaliate.
Kabir Singh movie BGM plays in the background. Wada Waun Waun wada waun wada waun..
It was Wada Waun? I always thought the song said 'Vada Pav Vada Pav ...'
Please do not come here, the money is simply not worth the trauma and loss of self respect and self esteem. I have become a shell of my former self and am just hanging on to pay my bills and reach a financial goal at the end of next year. Otherwise, if you have anything other than a desperate financial situation dont come.
Hahah, the classic โ€œbro Iโ€™ll leave when I get my bonus for sureโ€
Will require more details, otherwise it will just be grapevine...

If the victim is not comfortable in coming out in open, atleast broad details of the 'transaction' should be shared.
Massive amount of efforts, threats and bribes have gone in brushing this incident under the carpet. I am sue the associates first hand privy to this incident were made offers they cannot refuse to not let the cat out of the bag.
HAHA CAM BD at play. Maharathis. Sad when Cyril Amarchand does not even issue a public statement and AVK still sending rude mails. โ–ฎโ–ฎโ–ฎ been identified as leak and been fired
Back in 2022, when I was interning with AZB โ–ฎโ–ฎโ–ฎ office, the โ–ฎโ–ฎโ–ฎ partner who happen to recently โ–ฎโ–ฎโ–ฎliterally threw a cup of hot coffee over a male associate while one other day he screeched at the top of his voice over another female associate, I witnessed all this trust me. I am happy that the today I work with a partner who is sensible at best.
noida office ki baat ho rhi or legally india why are you hiding details?
The email gate is one off incidents in that team, otherwise that team is not that bad. In contrast, 'slapgate' is just the tip of iceberg in the team which I think is the subject matter here.
Slaves would be whipped. Corporate ones are slapped. Times change, methods do not.
I understand the point you're making (we corporats are treated badly) but please don't compare this to slavery. It's an outlandish comparison, what we experience is absolutely nothing like what slaves experienced. Let's not diminish the depth of their suffering simply because we have our own struggles.

Recommended reading - The matter of black lives - this isn't about slavery, but a thought-provoking read nonetheless, certain to curb comparisons of our corporate selves to slaves
Absolutely. Very well put The repeated references to slavery gets my goat everytime.
That's a new low. How do these associates even call themselves lawyers if they cannot get massive damages and compensation from such an incident
A particular โ–ฎโ–ฎโ–ฎ partner at โ–ฎโ–ฎโ–ฎ had spat coffee on an associate
I would have done the same to the partner who would have spat coffee or thrown coffee and that would be last day to have his /her respect maintained before his juniors
Its was a reference to a meme (https://youtu.be/7HxTBp9nEOc?feature=shared). Plus the comment did not even refer to a particular person. Do you even know the meaning of "criminal intimidation"?
bumppp please tell if you have information, this is important (to avoid)
this is fake news. none of this actually happened. please do not believe this bullshit without specifics. the firm is amazing. i wish to join it some day.
the fact that this post is not marked contested/trollish is telling and leads me to believe that there must be some truth in this, even if nobody is coming forward with details
I don't know about slapgate but I surely know about pregnancygate...

โ–ฎโ–ฎโ–ฎ partner harassed a pregnant associate during her maternity leave to come to office without any reason for weeks. โ–ฎโ–ฎโ–ฎ partner is based in โ–ฎโ–ฎโ–ฎ, the associate was in โ–ฎโ–ฎโ–ฎ.
Why is it marked contested? I have seen the actual HR complaint which the victim made + the absurd 15 page response by the partner - the level of lowliness to which the partner stopped is pathetic. There were 2-3 Pages on the pregnant associate not having regard for partners since she did not collect her secret Santa gift (the secret Santa was the founding partner) from the reception.
Not with me... I have seen the hard copies of both the complaint and the response.

The partner asked me to deliver some documents from her cabin to her home... It was then that I saw the hardcopies
Only people like you assume and know half-truths before gossiping and spreading rumours on forums like this.

I very much know and worked with the complaint, who was a grade A toxic colleague. Most deplorably, used her condition to spread lies and further their career.

And to the question where the person is now- absolutely where it belongs.
Heard the real complaint is about an episode of โ–ฎโ–ฎโ–ฎ and his senior associate bullying a junior girl in the team. No slapgate but โ–ฎโ–ฎโ–ฎ trying to protect male colleague usual boys club in โ–ฎโ–ฎโ–ฎ
That poor associate in question was verbally abusing her seniors in front of entire office.

Guys stop, I will actually start naming these associates who are hiding behind anonymous masks - then they will realise what it is to wrongly shame.
you're delusional and have no decency.

Guys, there is a limit to which fake news and character assassination should be allowed on this forum.

Legally India has become a Page 3 of rumour and gossip mongering. @Kian - Have any decency left?
The complaint was followed by an internal investigation which found nothing against the partner whereas a lot of evidence of misdemeanors by the complainant.

It's easy to just assume that the one more powerful must be wrong and the supposedly less powerful is a hapless victim. Law firms are professionally run institutions- at least some of them are, not a place where Ekta Kapoor plot is brewing at every corner.
And why not!?!? It's always easy to find evidence of misdemeanor against a person who has left the organisation and is just not present to defend herself.
What if there is documentary proof of misdemeanour? Like leaking or emails?
Stop spreading such lies and acting like vultures. This whole site is becoming a tool for professional harassment.

It's incredible that people have so much time to ruin reputations. Please focus on improving your own lives.
Wow!!!

How else to speak up against the actual harassment/ exploitation happening in the Firm? Complaining to the HR is of no use - it will only backfire. Have seen many examples of people's careers getting sabotaged within โ–ฎโ–ฎโ–ฎ โ–ฎโ–ฎโ–ฎ team itself. Do you want me to write down names here?
This site now is a joke! I am part of the team, and no such thing happened! Yawn CAM and its associates probably have no work now and fishing after usโ€ฆlol
So โ–ฎโ–ฎโ–ฎ.got it published, were you born yesterday?
Who are we talking about? Which firm? Which team? Who is the victim ?
Does this have anything to do with today's short article in a leading newspaper?
The Slapgate episode seems to have been outed in a very Lady Whistledown- isque column, published by a leading English business daily on April 05 2024!

The six figure payout is not worth this though.
I genuinely feel bad for chaps who have to make shit up to make their shit stink less.

Classic PR move - misdirection. They have been honing it for a while.

I mean they even railroaded an MP, a businessman and their own family.

But seriously you're not fooling anyone. You overplayed your hand.
What is the foundation of these allegations? If there is truth to them, why hasn't the Associate filed a complaint?
A 7-word comment posted 1 month ago was not published.
A 41-word comment posted 1 month ago was not published.
A 21-word comment posted 1 month ago was not published.
A 15-word comment posted 1 month ago was not published.
A 52-word comment posted 1 month ago was not published.
A 13-word comment posted 1 month ago was not published.
A 32-word comment posted 1 month ago was not published.
Not many people within the team know about it - just the victim, a couple of friends of the victim and a few old lacheys of the partner. The way the whole incident has been hushed is simply amazing - hefty compensation to the victim + threat to the lacheys for not opening their mouths.
A 22-word comment posted 1 month ago was not published.
A 55-word comment posted 4 weeks ago was not published.
A 21-word comment posted 4 weeks ago was not published.
A 21-word comment posted 4 weeks ago was not published.
A 36-word comment posted 4 weeks ago was not published.
A 18-word comment posted 4 weeks ago was not published.
Load of lies! Easy way to diffuse the CAM attention! I work at โ–ฎโ–ฎโ–ฎ and no one behaves likes this or like my father owns the firm mentality (PS I worked there previously)
A 45-word comment posted 4 weeks ago was not published.
A 38-word comment posted 4 weeks ago was not published.
A 14-word comment posted 3 weeks ago was not published.
A 4-word comment posted 3 weeks ago was not published.
A 29-word comment posted 2 weeks ago was not published.
A 44-word comment posted 3 weeks ago was not published.
Agree with you. No matter how smart a person is they need to have a level of professionalism.

Quite surprised by the fact that the โ–ฎโ–ฎโ–ฎ did nothing even after an incident of this magnitude occurred rather than to hush it up.
Competition team does the highest billable and brings the major portion of the firm revenue. โ–ฎโ–ฎโ–ฎ had to let of the so called principles and kneel down before the dominance of โ–ฎโ–ฎโ–ฎ team partner.
This has been reported as a Blind Item in the Economic Times today. But LegallyIndia holds itself to some even higher standard? Tripe about watches, cars, houses gets approved, but actual corporate malpractice and workplace bullying is brushed under the carpet. Waah.
The Associate didn't defend themselves? What happened? Did she apologise? Does anyone know why it happened?
A 24-word comment posted 3 weeks ago was not published.
A 38-word comment posted 3 weeks ago was not published.
A 14-word comment posted 3 weeks ago was not published.
A 11-word comment posted 3 weeks ago was not published.
Itโ€™s comments like this that make me think that the rumours are all true! Most outrageous one is that the associate got 50 lakhs but the team has been told 5 lakhs just to keep things vague. I love this industry and its rumours.
A 35-word comment posted 3 weeks ago was not published.
A 17-word comment posted 3 weeks ago was not published.
A 3-word comment posted 3 weeks ago was not published.
A 16-word comment posted 3 weeks ago was not published.
A 19-word comment posted 3 weeks ago was not published.
A 0-word comment posted 3 weeks ago was not published.
A 44-word comment posted 2 weeks ago was not published.
A 34-word comment posted 2 weeks ago was not published.
A 15-word comment posted 2 weeks ago was not published.
A 52-word comment posted 2 weeks ago was not published.
A 40-word comment posted 2 weeks ago was not published.
A 60-word comment posted 2 weeks ago was not published.
A 37-word comment posted 2 weeks ago was not published.
A 14-word comment posted 2 weeks ago was not published.
A 42-word comment posted 2 weeks ago was not published.
A 94-word comment posted 2 weeks ago was not published.
A 38-word comment posted 2 weeks ago was not published.
A 13-word comment posted 2 weeks ago was not published.
I agree man, somehow even harmless comments against โ–ฎโ–ฎโ–ฎ โ–ฎโ–ฎโ–ฎ, which were initially published, got unpublished...@LegallyIndia you're being threatened or what?
A 16-word comment posted 2 weeks ago was not published.
A 26-word comment posted 2 weeks ago was not published.
A 69-word comment posted 2 weeks ago was not published.