Read 23 comments as:
Filter By
Is it worth doing LLM from NLU Mumbai ? My other choice is JGLS with 50% scholarship. I come from a very basic law school but want to correct my course.
Thanks for this, I'll look into it. Does it have any value in the market, if you're aware of it ? Would firms consider it ?
as this is environmental llm it will not have much value for corp jobs

moreover, llm even in corp law has little value in corp practice, but if you want to have your cv stand out fron the crowd then a foreign llm is not a bad option if you can afford to spend that kind of money
by this logic all llms are money grabbing

with this course you get london exposure and two degrees

at an affordable price, instead of paying £25k you just pay £12k
Neither LLM will course correct. thats not what an LLM is for. Intern for that year at the firm of your choice instead - do it for free- and do it on condition that within the first three months theyll tell you whether they would consider hiring you or no.
I have interned two T-3 firms in M&A. I wanna try T-2 or T-1 but apparently no one would hire considering my college. Even if I want to intern with say JSA or SAM for that year, access is something I would lack.
No one hires for college, apart from PPO and On campus. Instead work on building a work experience. That's what counts more than another useless degree. LLM is only a bridge between LLB and PhD, as in academia and research. Stop over populating it like this
Thank you for this insight, I actually do not want to pursue LLM, which is why I've started this thread, I'm not convinced about it. But getting experience is also a challenge. Without any connection, there seem to be a lot of entry barriers even though I have a genuine genuine interest in M&A.
Apply at tier 3 and in the mean time start working at courts. An advocate licence and even one year experience at local courts is enough to get you through interviews. People prefer exp more than degrees.
Can u share the names of these firms ?

I'm also from a random no name college and am looking for m&a firms which will be easier for me to get into (T3 types).
You can go on legal500 or Asia law. You'll find sector specific rankings. You'll get the names of the firms from there in order of tiers.
Interned for how long ? A month long thing is barely enough time to learn. Take the best job you can now and move laterally in a year
A month each in tier 3. Other 3-4 in-house, litigation internships apart from that.
Big no to MNLU. Apart from Chirag Balyan (CB), Abhijit Rohi (Rohi) and Adithya Variath (AV), MNLU has no good faculty who knows the subject. It is a TLC disguised as NLU.