Read 8 comments as:
Filter By
it seems that cap marks is one. please give suggestions regarding which practice areas are generally hiring in the upcoming year. would really help those of us who are graduating soon and navigating this process entirely on our own. and yes, I know picking based on interest and skillset etc is more important but I'd just like to be able to eat first
Job pe konsa period milta hai bhai? Hamein bhi period leave mile koi batado. Use the fucking punctuation mark no.
β€˜Period’ is used to emphasize that β€œthat’s it and nothing else”. Basically, that they just want a job regardless of other preferences/considerations. An actual period there would be grammatically incorrect, genius
Cap marks isn't one. As a cap marks lawyer, I would strongly warn you against one if you want a stable job. It is one of the most volatile practice area. Some months you would be swamped with work (3-4 in a year). After that, it's a lull. It is also one of the most mind numbingly boring area in a field that's very boring in general in the initial few years. It is also my personal opinion that capmarks lawyers are the ones easiest to replace with AI.
Cap marks lawyers are incredibly smart and have the most desired skillsets, even for lateral hiring
then dont shy away from paying their bonuses, when M&A guys are making crores
The Places of Worship Act, CAA, criminal laws if you are right leaning. I have a feeling there's going to be a lot of work on this the next few years. Constitutional law if you are left leaning - lots of arbitrary abuse of power and unconstitutional laws to challenge, perhaps even constitutional amendments that conflict with the basic structure.