Read 82 comments as:
Filter By
Utkarsh Leo KIIT Law School teaching at U of Central Lancashire.
Simran Kalra and Rupavardhini Raju both from NUJS currently teaching at Leicester and Oxford respectively
Aarushi Garh, Shreya Atrey, and Shwethaa Ballakrishnen from NALSAR
Neha Vyas (NALSAR LLM, Newcastle).

Mohsin Alam Bhat (NALSAR, Queen Mary).

Manav Kapur (NALSAR, Dartmouth).

Shailesh Kumar (CNLU, NALSAR LLM, JNU, Royal Holloway).
Dr Arushi Garg, Oxford- NALSAR

Chinmayi Arun, Yale- NALSAR

Anjali Rawat, upcoming, DPhil Oxford, NALSAR

Shreya Aatrey, Oxford, NALSAR

(I am from NALSAR so heard of few seniors.)
Has Anjali got a teaching position already? I don't think so.
Did anyone invite you to start the comparison? Let the objective facts be out there and people arrive at their own conclusion. Show some class.
Do they invite their alums to lecture and share their work or do they only invite white people?
They are too junior for joint degrees and have their own students to mentor. If you want that kind of attention from anyone other than the people teaching you, you have to earn it.
I love how everything in LI becomes a reproductive organ measuring contest
I can say for sure that Umakanth, Chinmayi, Navajyoti and Shubhankar have done their bit. Maybe some of the others too.
OP here, this thread was not made to celebrate, I wanted to know as I am planning to emigrate as well. Wave your flag elsewhere
If you're from a tier 1 then definitely there's a chance, if not, unfortunately you'll have to stay here.
why dont you email these people and ask them for their opinion, you can report back to us as to how many responded to you
If you are emailing people with questions like this then obviously no one will respond to you. It's not them, it's you. Do you email law firm equity partners asking how to become an equity partner?
the supermajority of these folks have done their PhD from outside India on a scholarship, so if you want to teach abroad, you have to get your PhD from there and get a scholarship
Check Tarunab Khaitan's work with the JFF-ILT, mentoring aspiring academics, contributions to IDIA and work with the Indian Law Review.
No, there's no moral reason to celebrate those who "give back" (they didn't get educated in India for free, their parents paid fees not to mention tax) as opposed to those who don't. There's also no moral reason why someone should give back
I think you are confusing morality with legality or practicality.
Can you share the link of a summer school being mentioned and not undergrad?
shailesh from cnlu at royal holloway

Abhijeet from nluo at leicester
This thread proves no law college comes close to Rank 1 & 2 spot of NLS and NALSAR.
NALSAR and NLS have Oxford professors from their early batches as well. So even 10 years of existence, I will say is enough time. Other colleges have a lot of catchup to do with these two.
Sukhsimranjit Singh- Nalsar alumni. Now at Pepperdine University
Srividhya Ragavan (NLSIU, U Texas)

Danish Sheikh (NALSAR, Latrobe Uni, Melbourne)

Siddharth Narrain (NLSIU, Uni of Adelaide)

Mayur Suresh (NLSIU, SOAS)

Basically lots of people from T1 law schools who have done PhDs abroad are now teaching there.
Mark D'Souza - NLS (2005) - Teaching at UCL

Surabhi Ranganathan - NLS (2005) - Teaching at Cambridge

Neha Jain - NLS (2005) - Teaching at Northwestern
Neha Mishra (NLSIU, LSE - LLM, NUS - MPP, Melbourne Law School - PhD. Now teaching at Graduate Institute Geneva).
Good list of potential teachers. None of them has landed a teaching position yet though. This post is about those who have.
Saddened but not surprised to see my NLU being mostly unrepresented. Pathetic faculty, grade inflation, law firm obsession and student apathy have led to this.

You can all take a guess which NLU I am talking about 😉
Sheer reading of this thread is alone to tell us why NLS and NALSAR are numero uno.
“the number of law teachers in India with nlu undegrad it is less than two dozen.”

Untrue statement pulled out of one ass workout research. There are more than two dozen at NLS alone.
as per the other thread at least four dozen, i counted 53 nlu undergrad alumni who are teaching in India, also the other thread does not focus much on the jgls bunch